Study Abroad Europe: A Workbook of Need-to-Know Topics about the EU and the USA is designed for U.S. college students who are preparing to study in Europe as part of a study abroad program or as independent, direct-enrollment students.
by Mark Ferguson, Ph.D.
Director of the Junior Year in Munich program
Wayne State University
Available in Europe through Amazon
ISBN 13: 978-1482331288
When using this workbook, either for self-study or as a supplement to a pre-departure orientation or on-site course, students will be able to . . .
• Assess their knowledge of their host country before they depart for Europe.
• Learn how to find information about their host country online quickly and easily.
• Develop a knowledge base for their host country on a wide range of topics – from geography, people, education and political systems, to energy and the environment, heath care, taxation, work and retirement.
• Discover how their host country compares to the US, and how the US compares to the European Union, on a wide range of issues.
• Acquire foundational knowledge they can build upon for research papers, class presentations or host country projects.